Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 6, 2011

December Reading Challenge

The book I read and the movie I watched for this challenge was, I Love You, Beth Cooper.

       I really liked both the movie and the book because they were both so funny and also really kind of stupid at the same time. The movie is very much like the book up until the very end where they cut out a whole seen from the ending. I watched the movie first and then read the book after so at the end of the book while I was reading I'm thinking this book is so wrong, that doesn't really happen, but really it's the other way around.

       All movies generally cut stuff out because all of the descriptions that are in the book, they show you in just one picture in the movie when it takes like a page to describe it in the book. The movie had almost all the lines that were in the book. All of the characters said what they said in the movie in the book.

       The book was really funny and I like the Larry Doyle's style because it's not like he's trying really hard to make the book sound really professional and appropriate for some people by saying things in a different context. He's says it just how is is and that what I think all author's should do that to. Also some of the words that we had in vocab review were in this book also.

       The movie wasn't as funny as the book because with the book you could imagine in your own way how that characters looked and you could make your own movie in your head while your reading. The movie kind of crushes that imagination and shows you what the author sees but it's not always how you wan't that world to look like. The movie also cut out a kind of important scene but the movie did good without it too.

       I think that both the movie and the book were really good and I liked them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment