Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Writing Prompts

Writing Prompt #14
What are some questions and concerns you have about growing up and adulthood?
       I know we have to go through somethings while we are growing up, but what are those things? and does everybody have to necessarily go through some of the same things? Another question is how are we supposed to know when and what to do when we grow up? Should we even try to grow up at all? Do we have to?
       Is growing up a requirement or a choice? What are the expectations of adulthood?

#5
What are some important realizations and/or epiphanies that you have had about yourself, family, friends and the world overall? How did you arrive at these realizations?

  •        Most people kind of thinks the worst of themselves: they're too ugly, they're not good enough, nobody cares about them, blah blah blah. 
                I actually believe that people do this, actually I've witnessed it. I know a lot of people that have just given up on themselves and nothing you say can change their minds. I mean maybe they are just fishing for compliments but I don't know I think that people really need to stop with all of that. If you really think that about yourself, you need to change that, you have to be good for something.
                  
#6
What is rebellion? Why do so many young people "rebel"? Is rebellion a necessary element of growing up?
       I think rebellion is when you know you are supposed to do one thing but you do the other just to annoy people and see what they do. I mean.
       I think young people rebel because they feel like they don't have enough freedom and that is a big way of getting attention, even if the attention is bad.They also might have a problem with authority. I am one of those people that if I don't want to do something, I won't do it, and if  I do do it, I'll do it halfway and with a "slight" attitude. So the people who rebel also just might not want to do what they are told. But then after a while ( im not there yet) they'll finally see that what they are doing is not the right way, even if they think it is.
       I think that in some cases rebelling is a good thing because it gives the person a chance to experience that what they are doing is wrong. They'll just learn the hard way.

#12
How do family and friends influence are coming of age?
       I think family and friends influence our coming of age a whole lot and in many different ways. Because sometimes they'll try to save you from certain things that you are probably not supposed to be saved from and it will mess up the natural flow of things.
       You might have some bad friends who will lead you into things that will force you to grow up and learn the hard way like smoking and drinking. Or you might have some good friends who who will lead you into other things that will also force you grow up like hard decisions about your future. Your family on the other hand will always try to keep you from things but it doesn't always work out.
       So really I think that they have the biggest impact on you and your life. There will be examples and bad examples, so you have to choose who to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment